Cat ownership really does reach across political divides. Instead of some serious political commentary, here’s a list of six London Assembly members pictured with cats or some other animals.
1. Tom Copley (Labour), London-wide
2. Zac Goldsmith (OK, I’m including Mayoral candidates for variety)
3. Stephen O’Connell (Conservative), Croydon and Sutton
And then I started to struggle to find any pictures of London Assembly members with cats, so I branched out a bit.
4. Stephen Knight and Caroline Pidgeon (Liberal Democrat), London-wide
5. Kit Malthouse (Conservative), West Central
6. Andrew Dismore (Labour Co-Operative), Barnet and Camden
What was surprising about this exercise was how few London Assembly members admit to owning a cat, or are even photographed with one. Or any other kind of animal for that matter.
I don’t know what kind of conclusion can be reached from that.